Thursday, March 26, 2009

Monthly poker night schedule

Here is the general schedule I'm going to follow for poker nights. Keep in mind that this is subject to change.

*New* Dime Night Poker .10/.20 $20 buy in the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month

Wednesday Night Poker .25/.50 $100 buy in every Wednesday night except for the Wednesday after the second Tuesday of the month.

Wednesday Night Poker Double Stakes .50/1 $100 buy in on the Wednesday following the second Tuesday of the month. This is often, but not necessarily, the second Wednesday of the month. For those of you who are calendarily challenged, that would be Apr 15, May 13, June 10, July 15, Aug 12, Sep 9, Oct 14, Nov 11, Dec 9, etc.

Other assorted formats such as High Stakes, Deep Stack, Dealer's Choice, Tournaments, and Mixed Game nights on Friday or Saturday nights.

The idea of Dime Night Poker was bandied about during the Stakes and Chips discussions. Joe and Brant finally pulled the trigger this week and it was a lot of fun. The lower stakes allowed people to open their games up a little more (as in shoving with 2.83% to win) while still playing for real money. The first Dime Night of the month is the same week as .50/1 stakes night for Wednesday Night Poker so players who want to play that week but don't want to play .50/1 now have an option.

Again, this is subject to change but it will be the default schedule I will be using going forward.

10 comments:

chuck m said...

Looks good to me.

Anonymous said...

Poor Austin....

Sushi Cowboy said...

@Brant
He is now! ;) LOL, just kidding. His pre-flop hand selection just needs help. 6hTh against AQos? Nope. If you're going to play suited gappers you should take 4d9d to war against AJ instead. And forget about a pocket pair of sixes against high card mmonster like 39os!

Sushi Cowboy said...

And for those of you in the audience who don't speak "2nd and 4th Tuesdays" (cough, BRANT, cough) here is the list of the remaining date in 2009 for Dime Night Poker:

Apr 14
Apr 28
May 12
May 26
Jun 9
Jun 23
Jul 14
Jul 28
Aug 11
Aug 25
Sep 08
Sep 22
Oct 13
Oct 27
Nov 10
Nov 24
Dec 8
Dec 22

jason said...

Really??? I thought a general consensus was reached before. I can't imagine opening up my game more so I think I will have to pass on the dime nights.

On the other hand, I don't mind playing internet poker a couple times a month on Tuesday's so the new format may work for me anyway.

Sushi Cowboy said...

OK, I'm not sure if I'm being clear or not. Poker every Wednesday, usually at .25/.50 but, per consensus, at .50/1 once a month.

IN ADDITION to Wednesday Night Poker, Dime Night has been introduced as an option for people who want to play .10/.20 and try to donk off money to Austin. Dime Night is twice a month with the first installment being the day before .50/1 night of Wednesday Night Poker. Dime Night does not replace any Wednesday Night Poker nights.

jtrey333 said...

Stop it. You're confusing Jason.

royalbacon said...

Thanks for being so god damn anal retentive about the structure of the game, Martin. I really, truly, honestly appreciate it. Just want you to know your devotion to keeping the game as free and clear of confusion AT the game, enabling us to all actually play as expensive a game as we want to, when we want to.

And Jason, thank you for maintaining that "less than satisfactory" rating on your reading retention scores.

Anonymous said...

Guys,

LSP was never meant to interrupt the regular game. It was for people like me who don't have lots of cash to play in the main game but still want a night where I can be two or three buy-ins deep if I need to. Three buy-ins equals less than one at regular night so this is a very nice concession by Martin to facilitate poor people, and for Martin to prey on those less fortunate. When not trolling the LSP waters, I think Marty rolls the homeless for cans of Spam and Stewed prunes....

Unknown said...

I am going to host a Guys Poker Night tomorrow and I want to rob all there money. I've played alot of online poker. But I really wanna to know what some tips are in real life?


Good day.
NoiQ RakeBack