Sunday, February 17, 2008

I knew there was a reason I liked these



I don’t know how many of you TNP readers out there know who Errol Morris is. He’s an amazing documentary director, and you may have seen his movies or TV shows in the past.

But I know you’ve definitely seen some of his work in TV commercials. I really liked these commercials when I would see them on TV, and the fact that he directed them totally makes sense.

If you want some more good Errol Morris commercial watching (if you’re into that sort of thing), his Miller High Life commercials, like this one, are among the Best. Commercials. Evar.

3 comments:

Sushi Cowboy said...

Never heard of him though I would agree that that series of Full Tilt's ads are very good.

I can only hope that he was NOT involved with the "poker face" series of ads like the Phil Ivey one. Seriously, what were they thinking?

I also remember those Miller High Life ads and they stood out as more artsy fartsy than your average ads.

jsola said...

Hahah pass the trash! This guy rules.

royalbacon said...

I don’t get your comment Joe. Pass the trash?

And no, Martin, EM had nothing to do with those “poker face” ads.

If you’re interested in seeing Errol Morris in all his glory, rent Fast, Cheap, and Out of Control, a great documentary about a lion tamer, a robotics guy, a “naked mole rat” expert, and a topiary gardener.

Errol is also the one behind the Apple “switch” ads, like this one starring Mark Frauenfelder of Boing Boing.